Workplace Challenge is a national programme funded by Sport England which aims to engage workplaces in sport and physical activity. By using the activity log, employees can record their levels of sport, physical activity and active travel online, set personal goals and challenge their colleagues, friends and other workplaces through the Workplace Challenge leaderboards.
There will be the chance to take part in inter-workplace competitions, earn points for cycling or walking and create leagues between your workmates.
There is also a calendar of competitions that businesses can take part in - recent activities include football, archery, canoeing and cricket.
Visit http://workplacechallenge.org.uk/activenorfolk to get involved!
Get a team of colleagues together to join in these fun and friendly competitions
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 (18:30 - 21:00)
Location: Sportspark,, University of East Anglia, Norwich, Norwich, NR4 7TJ
Active Norfolk is organising this fun and friendly ladies only competition for teams from local workplaces.
Couch to Run Norwich Challenge
- 10 Week Beginner's Training Plan – See below for a beginner's training plan (starting Monday 30 May) created by Olympian and marathon winner Paul Evans. The plan takes you through 3 training sessions per week which will enable you to build your running distance and prepare you for your participation in the Run Norwich 10K or any alternative 10K you may wish to complete.
- Log your training online for free and track your progress throughout the Challenge - Workplace Challenge is a national programme funded by Sport England. By using the online activity log on the Workplace Challenge website you can record your training and monitor your progression, as you complete the attached training plan, through a bespoke target bar that will appear automatically on your Workplace Challenge dashboard page from the 30 May.
- Click here to sign up for free to Workplace Challenge
- Already signed up to Workplace Challenge? – Just log your running online between the Challenge dates (30 May – 7 August) and watch your progress on the bespoke target bar.
- Win prizes! – Throughout the Challenge, we will be giving away some spot prizes at random to individuals logging running as part of the Couch to Run Norwich Challenge. If you would like to be in with a chance to win a prize, simply join the Challenge by clicking here and log your running as normal during the challenge.
- 10 Week Beginners Running Sessions – Starting on Wednesday 1 June these evening sessions, taking place at City Academy in Norwich, will provide you with the opportunity to take part in a range of different training exercises designed for beginners. The cost is only £10 per person for the 10 week course. Click here for more information and to sign up.