Active Travel Challenge
During March we challenge you to swap the car for two legs or two wheels. Log your Active Travel throughout March 2017 and have the chance to win one of the great prizes on offer! The challenge will run between 1st March - 31st March 2017
Log your Active Travel throughout March 2107 and have the chance to win one of the great prizes on offer! Prizes include high street shopping vouchers, premium bike service, cinema tickets and bike cleaning kits.
If you run, walk or cycle instead of using motorised transport, largely for functional reason e.g. travelling to work, the local shop or a leisure activity it can be counted as active travel.
Not only will walking, running or cycling save you money, it may also save you time and will also help you reach the recommended guidelines of 150 minutes of moderate physical activity each week.
Don't forget when you log your walking, running or cycling activity to tick the box that says 'ACTIVE TRAVEL?'
- Active Travel Challenge Poster (PDF, 298 Kb)
Download a poster to display in your workplace to promote the Active Travel Challenge
Active Lunch - 8 week challenge
Supercharge your lunch breaks in 2017 with bite sized activity
Take part in the Active Lunch 8-Week Challenge by adding some bite size activity into your day and you could win some great prizes this January and February!
Would you like to improve your health in 2017 but find lack of time a barrier to making changes?
Every minute counts in Active Norfolk's Active Lunch 8-Week Challenge running from Wednesday 4 January – Tuesday 28 February.
Can you fit small chunks of physical activity into your working day? Just 10 minutes can make all the difference. You could swap a desk-based lunch to an active lunch by taking a quick walk with your colleagues – making the most of the lightest brightest part of the day. Here are some other ideas about how to add bite size activity into your day.
- Tussle over table tennis – Order an instant Ping set from Table Tennis England and enjoy a quick game of table tennis across a desk
- Office aerobics – Google office aerobics and get your arms and legs going to get the blood pumping
- Make it a mobile meeting – Pace pavements with your colleagues to get the ideas flowing
- Challenge your colleagues to a keepy uppy challenge!
- Swap the lift for the stairs – Simple but effective!
- Racket rally – grab a racket and see how many times you can hit the shuttle cock between yourself and a colleague in a minute
- Step up – Set a target of a number of steps each working day and challenge your colleagues to compete
- Putting competition – Get your hands on a golf club, couple of golf balls and some plastic cups & get putting!
- Office orienteering – A treasure hunt in the office! Solve clues to find your prize!
- Press up or plank challenge – how many can you do or how long you can hold a plank for?
We'd love to know if you have any other ideas about getting active in the workplace. Share your ideas with us - take pictures, record a video and send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @activenorfolk. A prize is up for grabs for the best video tweeted.
Every week you log activity during the challenge - online or using the Workplace Challenge Mobile App - you will be entered into a prize draw to win some great prizes including cinema tickets, shopping vouchers, annual gym memberships and - for one lucky winner - a helicopter flight!
FREE RESOURCES TO DOWNLOAD TO SUPPORT PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IN YOUR WORKPLACE
Thanks to our sponsors
Workplace Challenge is a national programme funded by Sport England which aims to engage workplaces in sport and physical activity. By using the activity log, employees can record their levels of sport, physical activity and active travel online, set personal goals and challenge their colleagues, friends and other workplaces through the Workplace Challenge leaderboards.
There will be the chance to take part in inter-workplace competitions, earn points for cycling or walking and create leagues between your workmates.
There is also a calendar of competitions that businesses can take part in - recent activities include football, archery, canoeing and cricket.
Visit http://workplacechallenge.org.uk/activenorfolk to get involved!
Get a team of colleagues together to join in these fun and friendly competitions
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 (18:00 - 21:00)
Location: Alive Leisure Lynnsport, Greenpark Avenue, King's Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 2NB
Teams from businesses in West Norfolk are invited to enter into this fun tournament. All abilities are welcome!